Tiếp tục chuỗi các blogs chia sẻ về từ vựng của các chủ đề Speaking trong IELTS, hôm nay bài blog này của Etrain tiếp tục gửi đến các bạn rất nhiều từ và cụm từ hay về chủ đề Technology – một chủ đề rất hay và phổ biến trong phần Speaking nhé.
Một số danh từ/cụm danh từ
- Technophile/ techie (n): somebody who has an interest in technology – người yêu công nghệ
E.g: I wouldn’t call myself a techie but I enjoy using computers.
- Technophobe (n): People who hate technology – người ghét công nghệ
E.g: Old people seems to be the technophobe.
- Computer buff (n): an expert computer user – chuyên gia máy tính
E.g: I’m a computer buff so I use it skillfully.
- Video conferencing (n): to see and hear people from different locations using the Internet – gọi video
E.g: I do lots of video conferencing to practise speaking.
- Social media (n): media used to interact with other people such as Facebook or Twitter – phương tiện xã hội
E.g: Social media like Facebook is a good way to meet up with other students.
- Gadget/device/item/equipment (n): a technological tool like a mobile phone or camera – thiết bị
E.g: I don’t have many gadgets, just a computer a laptop and my mobile phone.
- Internet security (n): Internet safety – an ninh mạng
E.g: It’s all about Internet security if my computer is crashed.
- Wireless network (n): a network where users can access the Internet without the use of fixed cables – kết nối không dây
E.g: Wireless networks at home and public wifi hotspots mean we can go online easily.
- A desktop PC (n): a computer that isn’t portable and remains in situ on a desk – máy tính để bàn
E.g: my husband had a desktop PC but it was very slow so I decided to upgrade to a powerful one.
- Digital editing (n): to edit digital materials like audio or video files – sửa kỹ thuật
E.g: I decided to do a digital editing course for video and photography.
- Intranet (n): a network of connected computers within an organisation that is not accessible by unauthorised visitors – mạng chính phủ
E.g: A local or restricted communications network, especially a private network created using World Wide Web software.
- Operating system (n): the software that tells the computer how to work – hệ điều hành
E.g: it’s a laptop with the latest operating system.
- Word processing (n): producing written texts on a computer – đánh máy
E.g: I use my computer all the time for word processing.
- Application (n): A program or piece of software designed to fulfil a particular purpose – ứng dụng
E.g: There are many leaning applications which help you enhance your skills.
- Cyber addiction (n): The need of spending too much time on the Internet – nghiện mạng
E.g: When it comes to children, cyber addiction is one of the biggest problems to solve.
- Cyber bullying (n): The use of electronic communication to bully a person, typically by sending messages of an intimidating or threatening nature – bắt nạt qua Internet
E.g: children may be reluctant to admit to being the victims of cyberbullying.
Một số động từ/cụm động từ
- To access/ to have/get access to websites/email (v): to locate – truy cập …
E.g: 2 years ago I was still learning to use computers and how to access websites.
- To back up files (v): to make a copy of files in case of a computer problem – lưu trữ dữ liệu
E.g: It’s also important to know how to back up your files in case your computer crashes.
- To boot up (v): to start a computer – khởi động máy tính
E.g: it boots up really quickly and it’s fun to use so it makes working a pleasure.
- To bookmark a webpage (v): to mark a webpage for future reference – đánh dấu một trang web
E.g: You can bookmark webpages for future reference and writing essays is much easier.
- To browse websites (v): to look at websites – lướt web
E.g: I have a Macbook Pro to browse websites and catch up with TV programmes I’ve missed.
- To crash (v): to suddenly stop working – va chạm
E.g: When my computer crashes I never know what to do.
- To cut and paste (v): to move text or images from one place in a document to another place – cắt dán văn bản
E.g: Being able to cut and paste sections of text means you can experiment with organization.
- To download (podcasts) (v): to save a copy of a file from the internet to your own device – lưu trữ tài liệu
E.g: I download podcasts that teach English vocabulary and grammar.
- To enter a web address (v): to type the address of a website into the address bar of your browser – truy cập một trang web
E.g: There are things like how to use the Internet like how to enter a web address.
- To go online (v): to start using the Internet – sử dụng Internet
E.g: We can go online easily thanks to the Internet and computers.
- To navigate a website (v): to find your way around a website – đọc một trang web
E.g: Learning to navigate a website may be a challenge to the elderly.
- To send an attachment (v): To send an email with an accompanying file – gửi tệp đính kèm
E.g: I learnt to send attachments via email.
- To surf the web (v): to look at a series of websites one after the other – Lướt mạng
E.g: I probably waste a lot of time surfing the web.
- To upgrade (v): Raise (something) to a higher standard – nâng cấp
E.g: I decided to upgrade to a powerful one because we do a lot of video editing on the course.
- To degrade (v): Lower the character or quality of – xuống cấp
E.g: Vast areas of natural habitats have been degraded.
- To communicate with somebody (v): Share or exchange information, news, or ideas – giao tiếp với ai
E.g: The prisoner was forbidden to communicate with his family.
- To come in handy (v): Turn out to be useful – tiện dụng
E.g: the sort of junk that might come in handy one day.
- To know what they are up to (v): To know how they are – biết ai đó đang như thế nào
E.g: I often contact with family to know what they are up to.
Một số tính từ
- High-spec (laptop) (adj): powerful computer with top quality components – máy tính hiện đại
E.g: It’s a very high-spec laptop with black and white colors.
- Modern/ cutting-edge / state-of-the-art (adj): Very modern – rất hiện đại
E.g: In the cutting-edge world, computer and phone become the most common items in each household.
- Indispensable (adj): Very important – rất quan trọng
E.g: It is such an indispensable device that I cannot live without.
- Updated/ up–to–date (adj): Made more modern or up to date – cập nhật
E.g: an updated bathroom and kitchen
- Outdated/ out-of-date (adj): Out of date; obsolete – lỗi thời
E.g: outdated equipment
- Outmoded (adj): Old-fashioned – lỗi mốt
E.g: an outmoded Victorian building
- Latest (model) (adj): Of most recent date – mới nhất
E.g: the latest news
Vậy là Etrain đã giới thiệu đến các bạn các từ vựng liên quan đến topic Technology rồi. Bước chuẩn bị từ vựng theo topic này sẽ đóng vai trò là bước đầu tiên để chúng ta luyện IELTS Speaking hiệu quả.
Các bạn có thể tìm đến các từ vựng theo topics trong IELTS Speaking khác mà Etrain đã biên soạn để nâng cao vốn từ của mình nhé.