Miêu tả người là một trong 6 dạng câu hỏi phổ biến nhất trong IELTS Speaking part 2. Tiếp nối blog từ vựng miêu tả ngoại hình con người trong IELTS Speaking, hôm nay Etrain gửi đến các bạn từ vựng cho chủ đề People’s Personality – một khía cạnh khác của đề describe a person, chắc chắn từ vựng cho chủ đề nhỏ này rất hữu ích trong các bài nói đấy.
Chúng ta hãy cùng luyện tập nhé!
Một số danh từ/cụm danh từ
- The life and soul of the party (n.p): a fun person, someone who is the centre of activity – linh hồn của bữa tiệc
E.g: My brother is certainly the life and soul of the party.
- Good company (n): enjoyable to socialise with – bạn tốt
E.g: I think I’m good company but you should ask my friends if they agree.
Một số động từ/cụm động từ
- To bend over backwards (phr.v): to try very hard to help someone – cố gắng giúp đỡ
E.g: She would also bend over backwards to help us with our work.
- To give someone a hand (v): To help someone – giúp đỡ ai
E.g: I decided to give her a hand even she’s my remedy.
- To hide one’s light under a bushel (phr.v): to hide one’s talents and skills – che giấu tài năng
E.g: She was highly respected within her field but you would never know as she was the type that hid her light under a bushel.
- To have a good sense of humour (phr.v): To have the ability to understand what is funny – có khiếu hài hước
E.g: She had a great sense of humour, she’d laugh at our jokes as well as making us laugh.
- To lose one’s temper (phr.v): to suddenly become angry – mất bình tĩnh
E.g: Unlike some of the other teachers Miss Thomas never lost her temper.
- To put others first (phr.v): to think of others before yourself – nghĩ cho người khác
E.g: She always put us first and often stayed around at the end of class to talk with anyone who needed help.
Một số tính từ/cụm tính từ
- Thick-skinned (adj): not easily affected by criticism – mặt dày
E.g: Probably people who are thick-skinned do not have to face with the stress or anxiety.
- Two-faced (adj): not honest or sincere. Will say one thing to someone to their face and another when they are not present – hai mặt
E.g: People who are two-faced can be a little irritating and hard to make a real relationship.
- Broad-minded (adj): prepared to accept other views or behaviours – cởi mở
E.g: She was also very broad-minded so we can ask her a lot of questions.
- Easy-going (adj): relaxed and not easily worried about anything – dễ tính
E.g: She was very calm and easy-going.
- Extrovert (adj): an energetic person who likes the company of others – hướng ngoại
E.g: I’m a bit extrovert so I can make friends easily.
- Introvert (adj): someone who is shy – hướng nội
E.g: I seem to be attracted to introverts.
- Fair-minded (adj): to treat people equally – công bằng
E.g: If you are fair-minded you’ll be less likely to overreact to situations.
- Fun-loving (adj): to enjoy having fun – thích sự vui vẻ
E.g: I’d say we’re fun-loving to celebrate parties often.
- Laid-back (adj): Tobe easy-going – dễ tính
E.g: Sometimes I’m quite laid-back.
- Hot-tempered (adj): Easily angered; quick-tempered – nóng tính
- Bad-tempered (adj): Easily annoyed or made angry – xấu tính
E.g: The heat of the summer makes people become hot-tempered, or even bad-tempered easily.
- Narrow minded (adj): opposite of ‘broad-minded – hẹp hòi
E.g: People who are very narrow-minded are difficult to get on with.
- Painfully shy (adj): very shy – rất hay xấu hổ
E.g: Not people who are painfully shy but most of my friends are a little reserved.
- Quick-tempered (adj): Easily made angry – dễ nóng giận
E.g: They tend to be impulsive and quick-tempered.
- Self-assured (adj): to be confident – tự tin
E.g: I need to be self- assured to accomplish the presentation.
- Self-centered (adj): thinks only of oneself – ích kỷ
E.g: I’d hope they wouldn’t be self-centred but think about the others.
- Self-confident (adj): believes in one’s own ability or knowledge – tự tin về bản thân
E.g: Certainly would want my children to be self-confident.
- Self-effacing (adj): to not try to get the attention of others (especially in terms of hiding one’s skills or abilities) – khiêm tốn
E.g: She was very modest and self-effacing.
- Trustworthy (adj): Able to be relied on as honest or truthful – đáng tin cậy
E.g: Leave a spare key with a trustworthy neighbour.
Vậy là Etrain đã giới thiệu đến các bạn các từ vựng liên quan đến topic People’s Personality rồi. Bước chuẩn bị từ vựng theo topic này sẽ đóng vai trò là bước đầu tiên để chúng ta luyện IELTS Speaking hiệu quả.
Các bạn có thể tìm đến các từ vựng theo topics trong IELTS Speaking khác mà Etrain đã biên soạn để nâng cao vốn từ của mình nhé.