Trong IELTS Speaking thì chủ đề Environment là một chủ đề khá khó với những bạn đang học và ôn thi IELTS. Việc áp dụng từ vựng cũng là một thử thách với các bạn, vì thế hôm nay Etrain gửi đến các bạn một số từ và cụm từ thuộc về topic này để các bạn cùng luyện tập nhé.
Một số danh từ/cụm danh từ
- Pollution level (n.p): the amount of toxic waste – mức độ ô nhiễm
E.g: We have a serious issue with pollution levels in some of our big cities.
- Exhaust fumes (n.p): the toxic gases given off by vehicles powered by petrol – khí thải
E.g: Exhaust fumes from cars and lorries are definitely one reason for the problem.
- Heavy industry (n): the manufacture of heavy articles and materials in large numbers – công nghiệp nặng
E.g: We also have a lot of heavy industry in some areas .
- Air quality (n): the cleanliness of the air we breathe – chất lượng không khí
E.g: This also results in poor air quality.
- The natural world (n): the world of nature – thế giới tự nhiên
E.g: like everyone else I’m fascinated by the natural world.
- Natural habitat (n): The natural home or environment of an animal, plant, or other organism – môi trường sống tự nhiên
E.g: I like watching documentaries showing wild animals in their natural habitat.
- Energy conservation (n): the careful management of energy resources to ensure they last as long as possible – sự bảo tồn năng lượng
E.g: they’re really into energy conservation and every move all aims to protect the environment.
- Environmentally friendly product (compound noun): behaviour and products that do not harm the environment – sản phẩm thân thiện với môi trường
E.g: They always try to buy environmentally friendly products if they have the chance.
- Natural disasters (n): an event such as an earthquake, flood or hurricane which causes widespread damage or loss of life – thảm họa thiên nhiên
E.g: Natural disasters like earthquakes and floods seem to be in the news almost every year.
- Endangered species (compound noun): categories of animals or plants that are in danger of becoming extinct – những loài đang gặp nguy hiểm
E.g: Gorillas, leopards and rhinos are now listed as endangered species.
- Loss of habitat (n.p): the decline in areas of land where animals and plants would normally exist – sự biến mất của môi trường sống
E.g: in some cases it was due to a loss of habitat either because people need more agricultural production.
- Hunting and poaching (n): to hunt and kill wild animals illegally – săn bắt trái phép
E.g: because of hunting and poaching, a number of wild animals are becoming extinct.
- Future generations (n): the people who live after us – các thế hệ tương lai
E.g: I hate to think of future generations being robbed of the chance to see creatures.
- Natural environment (compound noun): the place where animals and plants would normally be found in nature – môi trường tự nhiên
E.g: Natural environment is an issue that people need to protect.
- Wildlife conservation (compound noun): to protect animals and plants and their habitats – sự bảo tồn thế giới hoang dã
E.g: t’s lucky we have lots of organisations that focus on wildlife conservation.
- Toxic waste (n): poisonous, unwanted rubbish often produced by industrial processes – chất thải độc hại
E.g: there are factories that empty toxic waste into rivers and oceans.
- Climate change (n): the change in worldwide weather patterns – biến đổi khí hậu
E.g: climate change is a real issue which can cause flash floods and heatwaves yearly.
- Oil spills (n): waste usually deposited in the seas and oceans after an accident at sea – tràn dầu
E.g: oil spills that damage the coastline.
- Humanitarian aid (n.p): the act of showing support to people struggling to survive – hỗ trợ của con người
E.g: There are various worldwide agencies that are always the first on the scene with humanitarian aid after natural disasters.
- Pressure group (n): A group of people who try to raise awareness of issues and try to affect the views and actions of people and organisations – nhóm cứu hộ
E.g: we have environmental pressure groups that are constantly raising awareness of issues and trying to stop disasters happening.
- Greenhouse effect (n): The trapping of the sun’s warmth in a planet’s lower atmosphere, due to the greater transparency of the atmosphere to visible radiation from the sun than to infrared radiation emitted from the planet’s surface – hiệu ứng nhà kính
E.g: Climate change and Greenhouse effect are the worst issues in the world.
- Mother nature (n): Nature personified as a creative and controlling force affecting the world and humans – Mẹ thiên nhiên
E.g: Mother Nature has 80 per cent control in putting out fires like this.
Một số cụm tính từ
- To be under threat (adj): to be in danger of becoming extinct – đang bị đe dọa
E.g: There was one story recently about some animals that were under threat.
- To be on the edge of extinction (adj): Become extinct – đang bị tuyệt chủng
E.g: Some wildlife animals are on the edge of extinction due to over hunting and poaching of the human.
Một số động từ/cụm động từ
- To get back to nature (phrasal verb): to live a life that is closer to nature – sống hòa mình với thiên nhiên
E.g: I’m a city person through and through and don’t get back to nature very often I’m afraid.
- To have/get impact on the environment (phrasal verb): To have the effect on – có ảnh hưởng đến
E.g: My parents have always tried to make us aware that our actions can have impact on the environment.
- To become extinct (v): to no longer exist – sắp tuyệt chủng
E.g: It was looking at various animals that could actually become extinct in different African countries.
- Dye out (v): To become extinct – tuyệt chủng
E.g: Hopefully with their help we can put pressure on those in power to do something to stop creatures like these dying out.
- To mitigate (v): Make (something bad) less severe, serious, or painful – làm giảm nhẹ
E.g: Drainage schemes have helped to mitigate this problem.
- To emit (v): Produce and discharge (something, especially gas or radiation) – thải ra
E.g: Even the best cars emit carbon dioxide.
Vậy là Etrain đã giới thiệu đến các bạn các từ vựng liên quan đến topic Environment rồi. Bước chuẩn bị từ vựng theo topic này sẽ đóng vai trò là bước đầu tiên để chúng ta luyện IELTS Speaking hiệu quả.
Các bạn có thể tìm đến các từ vựng theo topics trong IELTS Speaking khác mà Etrain đã biên soạn để nâng cao vốn từ của mình nhé.