Cho dù gặp bất cứ chủ đề nào trong IELTS Speaking, thứ bạn cần đầu tiên để có thể trả lời là từ vựng vì thế một trong 4 bí kíp để đạt điểm cao trong IELTS Speaking là chú ý vào ngôn ngữ chứ không phải nội dung. Hiểu được điều đó, Etrain đã và đang xây dựng hệ thống từ vựng IELTS Speaking theo chủ để để bạn tham khảo, hôm nay bài blog này của Etrain tiếp tục gửi đến các bạn rất nhiều từ và cụm từ hay về chủ đề Education – một chủ đề rất phổ biến trong phần Speaking nhé.
[su_box title=”Bạn là người mới học IELTS?” box_color=”#47b64b” radius=”0″]
Lộ trình tự học IELTS hiệu quả cho người mới bắt đầu từ con số 0
Một số danh từ/cụm danh từ
- Tuition fee (n): the money paid for a course of study – học phí
E.g: I’m not paying next year’s tuition fee.
- Gap year (n): A year off before enrolling in university – năm nghỉ giữa cấp 3 và đại học
E.g: A gap year brings me a lot of experiences about people and cultures.
- An intensive course (n): a course that offers lots of training in order to reach a goal in as short a time as possible – khóa học cấp tốc
E.g: I’m taking an intensive course at a local school.
- Certificate (n): An official document attesting a fact. – chứng chỉ
E.g: After finishing this course, you will receive a valuable certificate.
- Scholarship (n): Academic study or achievement; learning at a high level – học bổng
E.g: The intellectual dishonesty has nothing to do with lack of scholarship.
- Student loan (n): A loan available to (undergraduate) students, typically one funded or administered by the State – vay vốn sinh viên
E.g: Almost universities supply student loan for their students to reduce the financial pressure on their family.
- Learning community (n): A group of people sharing the same academic goal – cộng đồng học tập
E.g: Learning community is a key factor when I choose the university.
- Bachelors degree (n): an undergraduate course which usually lasts 3-4 years – bằng thạc sĩ
E.g: I was doing a Bachelors Degree and it was a bit of a challenge.
- School attendance (n): presence at school; frequently attributive, designating a person or thing involved in the enforcement of this – việc đến trường
E.g: It was not until the latter part of 19th century that school attendance was made obligatory by government.
- Boarding school (n): a school where pupils live during term time – trường nội trú
E.g: They’re usually boarding schools as well so the fees are enormous.
- Distance learning (n): a way of studying where tuition is carried out over the Internet or by post – giáo dục từ xa
E.g: That might be through distance learning as I have a full-time job.
- Face-to-face classes (n): as opposed to distance learning the traditional way of studying in a classroom with colleagues and a teacher – giáo dục trực tiếp
E.g: Face-to-face classes are still the priority of parents and students
- A graduation ceremony (n): an event where a successful student receives his or her academic degree – lễ tốt nghiệp
E.g: I had my graduation ceremony last year in the local cathedral and I know my parents were really proud.
- Higher education (n): education, usually in a college or university, that is followed after high school or secondary school – giáo dục cao đẳng/đại học
E.g: Most students choose to continue higher education in the prestigious universities.
- A mature student (n): a student who is older than average and who has usually returned to education after a period at work – học sinh lớn tuổi
E.g: I was a mature student because I didn’t go to university until I was 25.
- Private school (n): an independent school run as a business concern – trường tư
E.g: The tuition fee in private schools is much expensive comparing to the public ones.
- Public school (n): exclusive independent schools – trường công
E.g: It is quite equal but in the UK I’ve heard that most people who go to the top universities have studied at public schools.
- Single-sex school (n): a school where only boys or girls attend (as opposed to a mixed-sex school) – trường nam/nữ sinh
E.g: Single-sex school should be abandoned due to the gender equality.
- Subject specialist (n): a teacher who has a great deal of knowledge about the subject they teach – chuyên gia về một môn học nào đó
E.g: They should be subject specialists and be able to explain the subject clearly.
Một số động từ/cụm động từ
- To attend classes (v): to go to classes – đi học
E.g: Students always attend extra classes after school.
- To fall behind with your studies (phrasal verb): to progress less quickly than others – tụt lại trong việc học hành
E.g: I would imagine more people fall behind with their studies now.
- To give feedback (v): to offer guidance on a student’s work – đưa ra đánh gía
E.g: They should give feedback quickly to help their students enhance knowledge of subjects.
- To keep up with your studies (phrasal verb): to not fall behind – bắt kịp với việc học hành
E.g: I’m keeping up with my studies.
- To learn something by heart (phrasal verb): to memorize it – học thuộc lòng
E.g: I find it quite easy to learn things by heart which is useful when learning a language.
- To meet a deadline (phr.v): to finish a job or task in the time allowed or agreed – hoàn thành trong thời gian quy định
E.g: I’m pretty good at meeting deadlines.
- To play truant (v): to stay away from classes without permission – trốn học
E.g: I had lots of friends and I never played truant like some pupils there.
- To sit an exam (v): to take an exam – làm bài kiểm tra
E.g: Sitting exams at the end of each year was a new experience for me as well
- To take a year out (v): to spend a year working or travelling before starting university – nghỉ 1 năm trước khi học đại học
E.g: Some people take a year out but I’d been away from education for 8 years.
- To work your way through university (v): to have a paid job whilst studying to support yourself financially – làm để đi học
E.g: I had to work my way through university so I was very busy.
- To set a goal (v): To set the target – đặt ra mục tiêu
E.g: Setting a suitable goal is my priority.
- To achieve a goal (v): To reach the target – đạt được mục tiêu
E.g: After receiving the score, I know I can achieve my goal.
- To make one’s dream come true (phr.v): To accomplish one’s dream – biến giấc mơ thành hiện thực
E.g: I know that I have to work my ass off to make my dream come true.
- To have good facility (v): To supply enough facilities on purposes – có đầy đủ cơ sở vật chất
E.g: I chose this university because it has good facilities such as air-conditioner to deal with the heat of the summer.
- To fail an exam (v): Not pass – thi trượt
E.g: I did not work hard as I meant to be so I failed the final exams.
- To pass an exam (v): Adaptable with a standard – thi qua môn
E.g: Luckily, I got 5 and it was enough to pass the Science exam.
- To retake an exam (v): Not pass by the first time then take it again – thi lại
E.g: I failed Math exam so I need to retake it twice.
- To deal with something (v): To solve something – giải quyết
E.g: I work in a bank so dealing with customers is my daily mission.
Một số idioms
- To burn the midnight oil (id): Read or work late into the night – học thâu đêm
E.g: My father had to burn the midnight oil to raise me up.
- To work against the clock (id): Work or study very hard despite limited time – học hành chăm chỉ
E.g: Due to time limited, we need to work against the clock to finish the assignment.
- To work one’s fingers to the bone (id): Work very hard – làm việc/học tập rất chăm chỉ
E.g: Auntie can work her fingers to the bone, but it’s Miss Green that gets the thanks.
Hy vọng các bạn sẽ áp dụng được triệt để các từ vựng này vào trong bài nói của mình với những câu hỏi thuộc về chủ đề Education nhé.