Trong chuyên mục từ vựng IELTS Writing task 2, Etrain đã chia sẻ về các từ vựng Writing topic Advertising rồi, vậy liệu những từ vựng đó có áp dụng được trong Speaking không? Có những từ vẫn có thể áp dụng được nhưng các bạn không nên quá nhiều từ vựng trang trọng như trong task 2 vào bài nói để tránh mất đi sự tự nhiên nhé!
Ngày hôm nay chúng mình xin gửi đến các bạn từ vựng cho chủ đề về quảng cáo trong các bài Speaking nhé. Đây là chủ đề không đơn giản, nguyên nhân là do sự thiếu hụt từ vựng. Vậy nên các bạn hãy chăm chỉ học từ vựng cùng với Etrain trong chủ đề này nhé!
Các danh từ/cụm danh từ trong chủ đề
- Commercial channel (n): TV channels that make money from showing advertisements – kênh thương mai
E.g: TV programs now have all commercial channels that sometimes annoy the audiences.
- Product placement (n): To advertise a product by using it as a prop in a TV show or film – quảng cáo kín đáo mà hiệu quả, không gây phản cảm
E.g: There’s also a lot of product placement, especially in soap operas.
- Commercial break (n): the short period during TV programmes when advertisements are shown – quảng cáo xem kẽ giữa các chương trình
E.g: I hate commercial breaks during a film
- Prime time (n): the time during the viewing schedule when most people watch TV or listen to a broadcast – giờ vàng
E.g: During prime time viewing they seem to squeeze even more ads in than usual
- Celebrity endorsement (n): to have a well-known person promote a product – đại sứ thương hiệu là người nổi tiếng
E.g: Celebrity endorsements also get on my nerves and they destroy my idols even I know they’re paid to do it.
- Mailing list (n): A list of names and contact details used by a company to send information and advertisements – danh sách khách hàng
E.g: One day I got an email from a mailing list I’d signed up to
- Press release (n): Something written by a company for newspapers and magazines and websites to share and publish – thông cáo báo chí
E.g: There was a link in it to a press release coming from a company that I was looking for
- Sales page (n): a page specifically used to promote a product or service – trang bán hàng
E.g: At the end of the press release there was a link to the sales page which certainly cheer me up.
- Word of mouth (n.p): Recommendations made by individuals to other individuals about a product of service – đánh giá truyền miệng
E.g: I think the word of mouth advertising are so powerful and quite effective.
- Call to action (n.p): something that encourages someone to take a particular action, such as making a purchase or clicking a link on a website – lời kêu gọi, thúc giục hành động
E.g: I got to the bottom of the page there was a great big call to action button inviting me to buy the product.
- Brand awareness (n): how well people know a particular brand – hiểu biết về thương hiệu
E.g: This was a newish company they wouldn’t have had any brand awareness at all
- Mass media (n): large media outlets like TV, newspapers and magazines – đa truyền thông
E.g: Obviously you wouldn’t advertise a product like this through the mass media on TV
- Advertising agency (n): a company that creates adverts for other companies – công ty quảng cáo
E.g: They probably didn’t even have an advertising agency to support them
- Brand loyalty (n): the degree to which people continue to buy from the same brand or company – sự trung thành của khách hàng với sản phẩm
E.g: They’d managed to create a great deal of brand loyalty from previous customers.
- Social media (n): websites that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking – phương tiện xã hội
E.g: They can measure in advance how it can be used to spread the word on social media.
- Target audience (n): the people a company want to sell their product or service to – khách hàng đích
E.g: The main advantage of advertising on the Internet is you can reach your target audience much more effectively
- Niche product (n): a product that is aimed at a distinct group of people – sản phẩm đặc biệt
E.g: if you bring out a niche product you can persuade some people to buy your products.
- Advertising budget (n): the amount of money a company decides to spend on advertising – ngân sách dành cho quảng cáo
E.g: If you have a tight advertising budget, you can advertise on particular sites that the people you want to reach visit
- Junk mail (n): Spam email (n): unwanted promotional leaflets and letters – thư rác
E.g: There’s junk mail that gets posted through the letterbox or spam emails will annoy the customers much.
Các động từ thường dùng trong chủ đề
- To show advert (v): to display adverts on TV – quảng cáo
E.g: The food companies show their averts all the time on the TV.
- To place an advert (v): to put an advert somewhere – bắt đầu quảng cáo
E.g: The simplest way is to place an advert on TV to advertise the new products.
- To buy and sell (v): often used to refer to the buying and selling of items between individuals – mua bán
E.g: There are lots of sites like eBay where you can buy and sell things online
- To pop up (v): Appear or occur suddenly – nổi lên
E.g: I feel annoyed if the adverts pop up on the computer screen from time to time.
- To launch a product (v): to introduce a new product – bắt đầu quảng cáo một sản phầm mới
E.g: When a company launches a product they have to consider the Internet and some other media to increase the exposure to the products to the potential customers.
- To go viral (v): to quickly become extremely popular on the Internet through social media – trở nên phổ biến
E.g: In this context a video that goes viral is probably the most effective type of advert you could make.
- To censor (v): Examine (a book, film, etc.) officially and suppress unacceptable parts of it – kiểm duyệt
E.g: All adverts should be censored before releasing on the TV.
- To exaggerate (v): Represent (something) as being larger, better, or worse than it really is – phóng đại
E.g: Most adverts are exaggerated comparing to their true qualities.
Như vậy Etrain đã giới thiệu đến các bạn một số từ vựng thuộc về topic Advertising rồi đúng không nào. Hy vọng các bạn sẽ không còn bỡ ngỡ nếu trong phòng thi gặp đề thi này nhé!